Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Personal Struggle

Mark 11:22-25 (NLT) Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.”

Every one of us has those areas that we sometimes struggle with. I happen to at times struggle with faith. Now, don't get me wrong. I have faith. I preach faith. I practice faith and I live in the realm of faith on a day by day basis. It was ingrained in me as a child and it continues to be a vital part of my life. But, to be honest, sometimes I struggle with trusting and believing that God is really listening or in control. I know this might come as a shock to some of you but its the truth. There are things that I've prayed over and over for and have never seen the results. Yet... on the other hand – there are things that I've hardly given any time in prayer for that are immediately answered. Go figure. What I do know though is this – I'm not God and I still live on this earth where I have to process my walk with God on a daily basis. He is teaching me to trust Him – even when I don't understand and even when things don't make sense to me. My faith is deeper now then it has ever been. Difficult times have shaped me and tempered me much. I see life now through a different prism and I walk hand in hand with my Lord on a day by day basis. I don't need to know all the answers and I don't need to know all the time where my journey of faith will take me. I trust in the Sovereignty of God and am excited about the future because it is in His hands and not mine. So... do I still struggle? Absolutely. But I do know this – He is holding onto my hands right now and I'm not letting go. I trust Him to see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment