Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Where Are The Fathers?

1 Corinthians 4:15-16 (NIV) Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. Therefore I urge you to imitate me.

A few years ago I was speaking in Costa Rica to a group of pastors about the qualities and characteristics of being a strong leader. As I was speaking, the Lord revealed to me that there we're a number of men who didn't know how to lead because they had never been led by their own father in life. I talked to them about how God would be their Father and He would speak HIS BLESSING into their lives. Where there was void in their lives would now be filled with anointing, strength and confidence. When I was done speaking I took it one step further by inviting men to come to the front who had never received a blessing from their earthly Father. I told them that I wanted to give them a “dad” hug and that I wanted to put a spiritual blessing on their lives. I thought in my mind that there would be a few men that would make their way to the front and I was excited to be part of God's plan. Little did I know that I would spend the next hour or so ministering to a long line of men who we're searching for the blessing in their lives. It was very overwhelming. That event opened my eyes in a lot of ways about life and people. We live in a world where there are many many people who don't know what it is to go through life with the blessing of their fathers. Fathers have been AWOL and have been derelict in their duty to raise their children. Children, seeking the blessing, end up forging their way through life searching in all the wrong places to bring their lives meaning. WHERE ARE THE FATHERS? Where are the men who are supposed to lead and guide and point the way to Christ. WHERE ARE THE GODLY HUSBANDS who are lovingly caring and nurturing their wives. WHERE ARE THE MEN IN THE CHURCHES who are engaged and involved rather than just coming and sitting on a chair to appease the wife. Men and women alike are looking for someone that will mentor and lead them in the right direction. They are looking for those who will take a stand for what is right. Men, Fathers, Husbands – stand up with me. Make your life mean something today. Stand up! Lead! Point others to Christ! Leave an example for others to follow! Do this and God will bring rich blessings on your life and your family today.

No comments:

Post a Comment