Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Type Of Battle Are You Fighting?

2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (NLT) We are human, but we don’t wage war as humans do. We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. And after you have become fully obedient, we will punish everyone who remains disobedient.

In my very first church of which I pastored I had a man who attended who was a professional wrestlers. He was massive big. His neck and his chin we're the same size. His hands we're registered at the police department as lethal weapons. Yet, he was the kindest, most gentlest man I had ever met. He was stronger then most people and had even competed in various strong man competitions. Yet, he knew his limitations and he knew when to reign it in and not to intimidate people. I always admired that in him. I've watched over my years upon the earth all sorts of battles that people fight. Whether it be a street battle or a military battle – there are all sorts of ways to fight. I even have to admit – I like to watch violence on TV or at the movies. My wife does enjoy that part of my life. It is one of the things we politely disagree on. If I want to watch a certain movie that is out that has a lot of violence – I have to grab my son-in-law to go with me and it becomes just a “guy thing.” Oh well. But there is another battle that is taking place that isn't talked a whole lot about by most people. It is the spiritual battles that all of us who are Christians face on a day by day. Whether it be a spiritual battle within yourself or with others – Satan is in a huge battle for your soul. The battles/ trials are real and Satan is not a novice when it comes to throwing things your way. If you try to go to war him with conventional weapons – you will lose. If you try to deal with him yourself – you will lose. You must use God's weapons and God's ways in order to win. God has made those weapons available to us and God is willing to put at your disposal everything you need to win the battle. Don't be naive or deceived. Don't bury your head in the sand. Take up your sword today. Put on the armor of God and know that God has victory in store for you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment