Thursday, October 28, 2010

Get Your Eyes Off Your Circumstances!

Job 19:25-27 (NLT) “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed, yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself. Yes, I will see him with my own eyes. I am overwhelmed at the thought!

Sigh... life gets hard sometimes. Difficulty and hardship seem to follow all of us wherever we go. People are hurting and are extremely broken. Even our earth is groaning over abuse and misuse. Job was experiencing those things in his own life and relates this throughout this chapter. People had let him down and life was spiraling downward. He experienced losses in his family and his body was giving out on him. And, I'm sure at times, that he felt like giving up and wallowing in his misery. Yet... in the midst of this picture there is a glimmer of hope. He knew something and held on to something in his heart. Even though his circumstances we're bad – he knew his God. He knew the promises that had been made to him and he knew the end result – that he would see God. All of a sudden – the circumstances and the problems didn't matter. He knew the end of the story. He relaxed. He waited. He trusted. He didn't allow the severity of life to dictate what he already knew in his heart – that... his “redeemer lives” and would redeem and restore him. He focused on that instead of his difficulty and was overwhelmed with the possibility of what God was going to do. You and I can do the same thing today. Get your eyes off your circumstances and get your eyes on God. He will do what He promised He would do. You can take that to the bank today!

No comments:

Post a Comment