Saturday, October 16, 2010

Accepting The Good With The Bad

Job 2:10 (NLT) 10 But Job replied… Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?” So in all this, Job said nothing wrong.

Most of us try to put God in a box. We feel it is our right to determine the course of our lives. When good things come our way – we are happy but when bad things happen we are quick to blame God. I don’t understand why some people deal with cancer and others live healthy lives. I don’t know why some people deal with grief or depression or financial ruin. The problems that people face are overwhelming at times – even the things I have had to face in my own life. I used to blame God by complaining that “it’s not fair” but I try not to do that now. I know that God has a bigger plan then what I can see. He knows what it is best for my life. He sees and knows things that I don’t know. He is Sovereign. God used Job to be a lesson to us all. He used a man who was wise beyond his years. Satan tried to throw all sorts of things his way. He trusted God. He accepted the good with the bad because He knew God was in control. My prayer is that each of us will learn to trust God – no matter what our situation is. That, like Job, we will praise God during the good and the bad. God wants to use you in life but in order for you to be trustworthy He will allow trials to come your way. Learn to accept what God has allowed to be in your life. Keep trusting Him and He will lead you to the place He wants you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment