Friday, October 15, 2010

Have You Been With Jesus?

Acts 4:13-14 (NLT) 13 The members of the council were amazed when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, for they could see that they were ordinary men with no special training in the Scriptures. They also recognized them as men who had been with Jesus. 14 But since they could see the man who had been healed standing right there among them, there was nothing the council could say.

As a pastor I try to take God’s Word, break it down, and bring it to people in such a way that they can live it out in their daily lives during the week. I am always asking the question – “How can we apply this to our lives and how can we make it work in our homes and places of work.” This passage helps us in understanding those questions a little bit. Here we have “ordinary men” going about their day by day life just trying to serve Jesus. They are living out their Christian experience and getting bolder along the way. The difference was this: Yes, they we’re just ordinary men but they we’re men who had been with Jesus. People saw it in them and saw the authority working through them. When people see each of us – they should say – “There is a difference about you. I can tell that you’ve been with Jesus.” I don’t think that there is any greater compliment that a person can give me then that. I want to live a life in such a way that people will look at me and say, “You’ve been with Jesus.” I want His light to shine on and through me that it is noticeable in everything I do and say. I pray this upon each of our lives today.

No comments:

Post a Comment