Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What A Good God We Serve

Psalms 139:17-18 (NLT) 17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! 18 I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!

I've been pondering over the last few days about how God views and sees me. We often see our lives from our filtered viewpoint. We see it through the lens of our failures and let downs – our past and our mistakes. The list could go on and on. But God sees us so differently. He views us as special and precious. His thoughts about me are so numerous and good about us – even more then the grains of sand in the ocean. This last week was a reminder to me in this regard as my daughter was able to give birth to a healthy son. There we're, at times, when I didn't see or understand why she and her husband would go through the trial of losing their firstborn and if God really was watching over them or us. It was hard to see why I or any of my family would have to suffer so. I never turned my back on God but I did have my questions of the way He was leading all of us through this seemingly dark and long tunnel. I didn't see how God was doing a new work in me and preparing me to be stronger in the ways of the spirit. God wanted to do some things in me that would only come by going through the valley of despair. At times it was more difficult then I could understand – but God came through. His goodness came into our lives – over and over. His faithfulness was proved over and over again. I feel so blessed. I am in awe. I am overwhelmed. Wow! What a good God we serve. He never, never leaves us or forsakes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment