Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Use What God Has Given You

Luke 19:26 NLT - ...to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who are unfaithful, even what little they have will be taken away.

Wayne Cadeiro, a friend of mine who pastors in Hawaii, talks about the richest place on the earth. He shares that there is a place that is laden with wealth beyond measure and nobody can access its riches. People have tried and have failed over and over. That place is every grave yard around the world. In those graves lies the talent and gifting of billions of people who we're blessed to have talent and giftings that we're given by our creator but have never used them on earth. They have now been taken to their grave. It is sad but true that many of us have been blessed with God-inspired talents but never use what God has endowed to us. You might say that your gift is small and insignificant but who are you to argue with our maker of what is important or not. Paul tells Timothy to “stir up” the gift. We can't hide it or hoard it – it must be used. In fact, according to this parable – either we use it or lose it. I am most fulfilled in life when I am doing what God wants and designed me to do. I like what John Piper says, “God is most glorified with I am most satisfied in Him.” I am most satisfied when I am doing and using the gifts that God gave me and seeing the fruit thereof. Take what you have, even if it is a little, and begin to use it. The world we live will be so blessed if can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment