Tuesday, September 4, 2012

STANDING IN THE GAP

“I looked for a man from among them who would repair the wall and stand in the gap before me on behalf of the land, so that I would not destroy it, but I found no one. (Ezekiel 22:30 NET)

During a season of intense rebellion - God was looking for someone who was interceding for the nation of Israel.  Sadly, He found no one.  There was not one man or woman who was intently praying for the people to turn from their sins and for the hand of God to not destroy their nation.

I was thinking about this passage this morning and was convicted about the intensity of my prayers for the Victor Valley and for my city, my church and my family. I have family members who don't know Jesus Christ and it is possible that my or my wife's prayers are the only ones going up in intercession on their behalf right now.  Their souls and their future destiny are at stake and it is possible that no one else is praying and interceding for them.

What has God asked you to pray for today?  What is He asking you to intercede for and not give up on?  What family member needs to be the target of your prayers?  It is possible that you are the only one in the whole world that has that assignment today? It is possible that you are the only one standing in the gap for their soul and future destiny.  Don't allow anything to hinder you from falling on your knees today with instensity for the things your heart feels inclined to pray for.  Don't give up when others have given up.  Keep praying.  Keep believing and God will come through for whatever you are praying for.  Pray that spiritual blindness will be pulled down from them.  Pray that bondages will be broken and shackles will drop to the ground.

"Jesus, I ask you today to bring down the strongholds over our loved ones.  I pray that spiritual blindess would stop and that their eyes would be open and that repentance would come.  Lord, even if I am the only one praying for this situation - I entreat you today to hear my prayer and bring the needed deliverance.  I ask this in Jesus' strong name.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment