Monday, September 24, 2012

I LOVE GOD'S HOUSE

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Psalm 84:10 NIV) Unlike a lot of people - I have been a Christian most of my life. The Sunday after I was born I was in my moms arms at church. They didn't have a nursery in those days so I was often put under the pulpit to sleep or play while my parents went about pastoring the church. I even amused the audience from time to time playing peek a boo while the service was going on. Often, I remember going to sleep on the pews during service and waking up in my bed at home. Other than a few short rebellious stints in my life - I have and do enjoy being in God's house still. I love to worship Him and I love to be around God's people. I love seeing my own life change and the life of those around me. I don't ever want to lose that wonder and mystique - ever. I want to always look forward to what God has in store and the lessons and impressions He will bring to my heart. Like David I want to say, "I will enter His gates with thanksgiving and praise" and "It is good for me to be in the house of The Lord." I am a blessed man!

No comments:

Post a Comment