Monday, September 17, 2012

JESUS IS COMING SOON!

"Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. (Revelation 22:12 NIV) A few years ago - we used to hear a lot of sermons about the Second Coming of Jesus. Preachers would preach with elogance that Jesus could come anytime. Movies were made about being left behind what the earth would look like if millions of Christians were raptured. It seems as if this message has now taken a back seat and I fear that for many - it is not at the forefront of many of our hearts. But the reality is this, every day is a day closer to that event taking place. We are told that we don't know the day or the hour but it is coming. It's like THE BIG EARTHQUAKE in California. We know it's coming - it's just a matter of when. The problem then becomes that we are not in a state of readiness and alertness. May I encourage you today that Jesus could come anytime and it is so important for us to always stay ready and to be looking for His soon coming to rapture us to heaven. As I write this today - my heart yearns for that moment in time when we will all be joined together in heaven where there will be no more crying, no more sorrow and no more pain. It will be where we are all together worshipping Him and Him alone. (I can't wait for that worship service). Don't be lazy about this today. Always be on the alert and know that Jesus is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment