Wednesday, September 12, 2012

FROM ONE FRYING PAN TO ANOTHER

In distress you called, and I delivered you;  I answered you in the secret place of thunder; I tested you at the waters of Meribah.  Selah (Psalm 81:7 ESV)

Have you ever called out to the Lord in a season of stress and anxiousness.  I know I have - over and over.  It's interesting in this passage that His answer to us comes to us in a completely different way than we would think.  I want my answer to be like Jesus speaking to the storming sea and saying the words "peace" and all of a sudden everything is calm.  But that's not always the way that He works.  This passage tells us that He answers in the "place of thunder" (noisy/ confusion/ unstableness/ stormy) and at the "waters of Meribah" (bitter waters).  The NLT version says that it was the place where there was no water.  It's in these places that our trust has to be totally on Him and not on ourselves. The answer to our stress is that God, at times, puts us into another place of stres and another place of having to trust in Him.  I want the quiet, the peaceful streams, the seclusion - away from everyone and everything and God puts me in another situation where I have to immediately have to start calling out to Him again.  He puts me into the "thunder" and in the places of want and need - in the places that I have to call on Him to make right choices.  It might be that your stress today is the place where your masters has placed you because He knows exactly what you need today.  Trust Him to carry you through to the next place that He has prepared for you.  (Exodus 19:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment