Wednesday, September 26, 2012

GIVE PRAISE TO GOD TODAY

From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the Lord is to be praised. (Psalm 113:3 NIV) One of the joys of living in the High Desert is our sunrises and sunsets - both of which are spectacular. The beautiful hues of red and orange take my breath away each and every time I see them. As I was driving to my office yesterday morning I was taken by the sun's rising over our valley and was filled with praise to God for His almighty acts and mercies and blessings on all of our lives. By nature I am a morning person so naturally the sunrises are my favorite. As it ascends over our easterly mountains - I am reminded of the scripture that declares to us that "His mercies are new every morning." The past is over and the struggles of yesterday are behind us. I choose today who I will give my allegiance to. I choose how I will direct my life. I can choose my words and who will hear them. It's a new day with a clean slate. I choose to praise my God and give Him thanks today. My God is good and I want everyone to know that today. I PRAISE MY GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment