Friday, September 14, 2012

DO YOU NEED OPEN HEART SURGERY?

And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:26, 27 ESV)

Have you ever got into a funk?  I know I have - many times over.  Life has a tendency to wear us down and to cause us look more at our circmstances then to our Master and King - Jesus Christ.  God's promise to us today is that He will give us a new heart to replace the stony heart that develops by the "junk" that creeps into our lives.  Recently, my dad had a double by-pass heart surgery.  The doctor explained that during the operation that his heart would be taken out of his body and put on machines while they worked on the heart.  His chest cavity would be filled with ice to lower the body temperature until they we're able to place the heart back into his body.  Through many hours of surgery - They were able to replace arteries and valves allowing the blood to flow properly again.  It was almost like getting a new heart.  May I challenge you today to allow God to step into your life and do some open heart surgery?  Would you allow Him to deal with the hardness that has crept in and taken over?  Sure,  you can exist without this procedure but you won't have a quality of life.  Please be encouraged today that even if this process is painful - its rewards are so fulfilling and satisfying.  I am a candidate for open heart surgery today by Dr. Jesus and I pray that you will become one too.  God Bless you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment