Monday, June 14, 2010

Why I Believe

Colossians 1:18-22 (NLT) 1:18 Christ is also the head of the church, which is his body. He is the beginning, supreme over all who rise from the dead. So he is first in everything. 19 For God in all his fullness was pleased to live in Christ, 20 and through him God reconciled everything to himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of Christ’s blood on the cross. 21 This includes you who were once far away from God. You were his enemies, separated from him by your evil thoughts and actions. 22 Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.

We don’t’ worship some faceless god who makes a lot of promises that can’t be delivered. We serve the King of Kings who has sacrificed his life that we might life. We worship a God who is able to step in our lives and actually make a difference. He did every thing possible that we would make our way to Him and find true peace for our souls. As I ponder what Christ has done for me on the cross - I am overwhelmed at the mercy and grace of God in my life. I don’t deserve to be here today. I don’t deserve to be blessed in the way that I’ve been blessed. I now stand before Him today blameless, without a single fault because of the shed blood of Christ on the cross. He has redeemed me and has taken away all of my sins. I have a purpose and a meaning for my life and for my ministry. I have the joy of being part of my family’s life – seeing them grow and mature in the Lord and seeing them face difficulties and battles and wining them decisively through the power of the Lord. I have the joy of seeing miracle after miracle and victory after victory. This truly is the day of the Lord today. We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment