Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Way Of Faith

Ecclesiastes 11:1 (NIV) Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.
Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV) Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.

In many parts of the world flooding takes places every spring. For some, that is the time of planting seed. It’s a dilemma. Do I take what I have in my hand and throw it on the water or do I keep it for my daily needs right now. But the only way that seed will get dispersed is to throw it on the water. As the water recedes it will deposit the seed in the ground bringing a great harvest. It is the way of faith. On the other hand, the farmer has to decide every day whether he is going to plant his seed or not in his field. If he’s always watching the weather – he will make many excuses and will never end up working his soil. He must diligently get up every day and work his fields in order for a crop to spring forth later. It is the way of faith. You and I make choices every day that have far reaching effects in our lives and that of others. My decisions are not about just now but they are for the future also. How are you dispersing your seed right now? Are you being generous or are you being stingy. This present economy doesn’t dictate my giving habits. All the more right now – I should be planting seeds knowing that it will bring a harvest later. It also is the way of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment