Friday, June 18, 2010

Speaking Wisely

Colossians 4:5-6 (ESV) 4:5 Conduct yourselves wisely toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

I was sitting with my dad the other day at the hospital that he was in for his broken vertebrate. We talked about a lot of things in regards to life. But what I enjoyed the most was when we talked about the sovereignty of God and how God works in our life and lifetime to bring us to the place that God wants us to be. None of us just “arrive.” We must go through the training of how think and act and how to relate to one another. Our speech is something also that God is refining and bringing under His Lordship. To be honest – this has been a more difficult part of growing up for me as I have been known to say things at times that we’re no in line with the way that God would want me to speak. I am better - much better now. These two verse cut deep into all of us. They are a barometer of what is taking place in our lives. What takes place on the outside is a direct barometer of what is taking place on the inside. I pray that all of us would take a look at our outside living to see how the inside is responding to the heart of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment