Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pleasing God

Galatians 1:10 (NLT) Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.

I think one of the greatest struggles a lot of people have is the choice of trying to please man or to please God. Obviously, we would all probably say that we want to please God but our actions in most cases show otherwise. We try so hard to win the approval of people (whose opinion doesn’t really count when it comes to eternal perspectives) rather then to try and please God Almighty whose opinion is the only one that counts in regards to life and eternity. I am guilty also and I have often failed in this area. We must all look at our lives and who it is that we are trying to please. If it is man – then we need to repent and turn to God. If it is God – then we need to do it with all our heart, soul and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment