Monday, March 8, 2010

Just Because

Deuteronomy 7:7-9 (NLT) 7:7 “The LORD did not set his heart on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other nations, for you were the smallest of all nations! 8 Rather, it was simply that the LORD loves you, and he was keeping the oath he had sworn to your ancestors. That is why the LORD rescued you with such a strong hand from your slavery and from the oppressive hand of Pharaoh, king of Egypt. 9 Understand, therefore, that the LORD your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes his unfailing love on those who love him and obey his commands.

What a simple truth today - God set His heart on me and chose me just because He loves me. I am the apple of His eye and He cares so much for me. My journey on life has been very blessed in that I have received many blessings from the Lord. There have also been difficult seasons that I’ve had to endure also. But the thing that I can say without reservation today is this – God is good all the time and His love and mercy has surrounded me and protected me through life. I don’t want to be like some who grow old and are bitter toward everyone and everything. I want to be that man who stands proudly with thanksgiving to God for all that He has done in my generation. I am so thankful and grateful this morning for God’s faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment