Thursday, March 11, 2010

God's Grace

Galatians 2:21 (NLT) I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless…”

This simple but often overlooked scripture has a world of meaning attached to it. Paul says that he doesn’t “treat the grace of God as meaningless.” Other translations say that he doesn’t “frustrate the grace of God” meaning to “make void.” I think that I’ve learned more about God’s grace in the past few years then my whole life. I am a product of God’s grace and I so appreciate what He’s done for me. Everyone has their story but I can honestly say that mine is unique – made just for me. I laid out the plans for my life but God definitely laid out the path for my life. I could have fought it but I have submitted to it with a thankful heart and have seen the benefits on the other side. There have been days, weeks and even months that didn’t make sense to me. Dark clouds rolled in and tried to destroy me in a lot of ways. I cried out to God and prayed for help and deliverance. It came but it didn’t come in the way that many would think but it came in the cloak of adversity. God brought me to such a place that the only thing I could do was to trust Him and His grace for my life. He had to take me to such a place that I didn’t trust in people but in Him alone. If felt like David in Psalms 38:21-22 (NLT) 38:21 Do not abandon me, O LORD. Do not stand at a distance, my God. 22 Come quickly to help me, O Lord my savior. I can honestly say – that God’s grace came through. He did bring me through and He has healed my heart. I know that there are many lessons yet to learn but as for today “I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless.”

No comments:

Post a Comment