Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Testimony

Psalms 40:1-3 (NKJV) 40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me, And heard my cry. 2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, Out of the miry clay, And set my feet upon a rock, And established my steps. 3 He has put a new song in my mouth-- Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD.

Every time I read this passage I am reminded again of what my God has done for me. He allowed me to go through a season of extreme darkness. Life closed in around me and I wasn’t able to any light at the end of the tunnel. Friends evaporated and it took every breath just to move forward. All I had was God. I cried out to Him every day and night. My pillow was often soaked from the tears that fell from my face. But… as the Psalmist says, “I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, And heard my cry. He also brought me up out of the horrible pit…” I am so glad and thankful for His mercy. God has brought me into a new season and I give Praise to Him today. I pray that my life will be a testimony to others of the faithfulness of God. I want to meet my later years reaching out and helping those with no hope and remind them that I once was like them BUT GOD came through then and He can come through now.

No comments:

Post a Comment