Friday, March 19, 2010

Be Still!

Psalms 37:7 (NLT) Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for him to act.

One of the most difficult things in my life is being still – especially my mind. I might be able to be still physically but my mind is constantly going. It never stops. I am always processing things over and over. But to look at this verse without the context of the previous verses is a crime.

Psalms 37:3-5 (NLT) 37:3 Trust in the LORD and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. 4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. 5 Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you.

To be honest, in myself I can’t be still and I won’t find peace. God is there for me and with me to help me be at peace – to help me be still. I just need to trust in the Lord – take delight in Him – commit everything to Him AND HE WILL HELP ME. It is only at that point that I can be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment