Saturday, April 2, 2016

I WANT MORE!


When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then I, the LORD, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them. I will open up rivers for them on the high plateaus. I will give them fountains of water in the valleys. I will fill the desert with pools of water. Rivers fed by springs will flow across the parched ground.” Isaiah‬ ‭41:17-18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

I have been blessed over the past few weeks and years to see a renewed hunger and thirst for God that is developing in people across our nation.  There is an explosion of revival that is being felt and experienced in my lives and cultures.  Nations are being changed.  Stadiums are being filled and new churches are springing up all over with a people who are serious about kingdom life and making a difference here on earth.

I had begun to wonder if some of the great moves of God would permeate this next generation.  The truth is, yes He has and yes He will.  God’s spirit is blowing on all ages, cultures and peoples.

How many are hungry and thirsty for God today?  How many want of you want a move of God in your life?  How many would like to be part of revival that God is pouring out in these last days? 

Here’s the thing: When revival comes it will bring an intense desire in believers to be right before God in every area of our lives.



Revival is BELIEVERS receiving new life - becoming renewed. 

The very word “revival” implies that something WAS alive, but has died (or taken on a condition very much LIKE death), and is then resuscitated - given life again - restored. 

On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”” John‬ ‭7:37-38‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Are you thirsty today?  Do you want more of God? Do you feel empty and dry? Are you hungry for God to come and fill you?

John 10:10 … I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. 

God comes to quench your thirst and He brings His joy in our hearts also.

Leonard Ravenhill: “The reason we do not have revival is that we are content to live without it.”



WUEST’S TRANSLATION: “Let him be coming to Me, and let him be drinking.”



Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 

Do you want more of God?  Are you content to stay as you are or are you willing to make yourself available for God to use and fill?  Ask God to put a desire in your heart for more.  In fact, tell God, “I want more.  I want more of you in my heart and soul.  I want your presence in my life.  I am hungry and thirsty and I am will to do anything you want in order to be filled by you.  Revive me and saturate my soul with the presence of God.  I ask this in Jesus’ strong name.  Amen!”

No comments:

Post a Comment