Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Way Of The Lord

Psalms 97:11 (NIV) Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

As I write this today I am looking backward in the way and leading of the Lord in my life. As a young man – there we’re a multitude of possibilities that lay before me. I could have gone in any number of directions in ministry. Was I to go into missions? Was I to be a pastor? Was I going to pursue education? Was I to pursue music? Etc. The list could have gone one and on. But as I began to pray and seek the Lord - the possibilities we’re narrowed down and became more specific. Light began to shine on my way little by little. It has continued shining on and directing me to this day. Unlike some people who are able to map out the whole of their life I have been given only enough light for this day. When I say light – rarely has it been huge sunbeams bursting down on me making the path clear and navigate able. For me, it has mostly been a shimmer here or a quick burst of light in some other place. It think this keeps us on our toes and causes us to really depend on the Lord for the next step. I can’t imagine what my life would have been like had I not carefully kept my eyes on way of the Lord. This verse promises to give us those beams of light and promises to shed us with His joy. Every day is a new adventure for me and every day is a new day for me to look for the way of the Lord in my life knowing that He is going to lead me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment