Monday, May 10, 2010

I Am Not Afraid

Psalms 56:3-4 (NLT) 56:3 But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. 4 I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?

There are times when all of us deal with fear in some form or another. For some, it is much deeper and stronger then for others. Either way, it hinders and hampers our lives. Instead of living boldly, we live cautiously, timidly, and with lots of restraints. It holds us back from really doing what God wants us to do. David felt fear often as he was being hunted down by ruthless men who wanted him dead. He acknowledges this issue of fear by admitting it and showing his need to “just trust God.” We all have to remember that God is with us. He is greater then any person or situation that would come our way. He is able to dispel all fears and He is fully able to take of whatever is before us. We need to trust in God and His promises and realize that there is no person alive that can thwart the promises of God in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment