Monday, May 17, 2010

Trusting In God

Depending On God’s Power
2 Thessalonians 1:11 (NLT) So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.


I am struck by this verse this morning for some reason. Paul simply asks that God would give us the power to accomplish what our faith is prompting us to do. As I’m writing this I’m thinking about of all the things that I have been prompted to do “by faith” over my years. I’m thinking about the wonderful blessings and successes of the Lord. But I’m also thinking of some of the failures and disappointments. Was I not moving in God’s will? Did I not have enough faith? Should I have “pushed” a little harder or perhaps a little longer? I have also been talking to myself about the future and what horizons that God still wants me to attain. I sincerely don’t want to fall short of what God wants me to accomplish. I guess it simply comes back to what Paul is praying in this verse – that “he (God) would give me the power to accomplish all the good things that your (my) faith prompts you (me) to do.” I need his power for without Him I can do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment