Monday, May 5, 2014

DO YOU NEED BREAKTHROUGH TODAY?

Thus says the Lord to his anointed, to Cyrus, whose right hand I have grasped, to subdue nations before him and to loose the belts of kings, to open doors before him that gates may not be closed: “I will go before you and level the exalted places, I will break in pieces the doors of bronze and cut through the bars of iron, I will give you the treasures of darkness and the hoards in secret places, that you may know that it is I, the Lord, the God of Israel, who call you by your name. (Isaiah 45:1-3 ESV)

Many years ago I had the privilege to be part of a great revival that took place at my home church pastored by my dad and mom.  They started an Inter-Faith prayer meeting on Wednesday mornings that soon blossomed into a great revival ministering to hundreds of people from different faiths every week.  Pastors and people from all over the world were coming to experience the move of the Holy Spirit in their lives.  Those of the Catholic faith were coming in and being filled with the Holy Spirit.  Those with diseases and illness were being healed every week.  It was a phenomenal time that is embedded deep into my heart.

On one particular Wednesday morning we had a guest evangelist named Dick Mills who has a prophetic gift upon his life.  As he started ministering to people he had a man stand up who was a visiting minister name Sonny Arguinzoni.  I remember this as clear as can be that Dick Mills gave him a scripture from Isaiah 45:3 - "I will give you treasures of darkness and hoards in secret places, that you may know that it is I, The Lord, the God of Israel, who call you by name."

This promise over this man at that time became the hallmark scripture to birth what we now know as Victory Outreach - a program to reach in the darkest places on earth and redeem broken, hurt, addicted people.  Literally they have reached thousands upon thousands all around the world.

Recently I spoke at their international headquarters in Riverside for a funeral.  I stood amazed at how God fulfilled His promises to a young man who was starting out in ministry. I was literally overwhelmed at the goodness of God.

I remember also that as that verse was given to Pastor Sonny that I also grabbed onto it - claiming it as my verse also.  And like Pastor Sonny, I have seen many people snatched from grip of darkness and destruction.

This is a passage for anyone seeking breakthrough in your life.

There are seasons during our walk with Jesus that we must pause and say, “Jesus have your way, break through my resistance, cleanse me from dead works! Let me say that God is ready to break through to your spirit, He is ready to break through your spiritual filtering systems, and He is ready to break through and cleanse you from works that do not account for the life of God."

We should pray - “Lord, …. BREAK THROUGH TO MY SPIRIT. To those who have had spiritual dryness, God is ready to break through! He has always been ready He stands at the door – He is always there ready to be invited into our lives and give us a spiritual refreshing.

You might feel unworthy but that lie doesn't come from God -- it comes from the pit of hell.  Satan is the father of lies!

We have been trained by many teachings that have confused us regarding what we are to expect from God! Poor teaching got us into thinking that we are only able to obtain certain levels of faith to receive the blessings of God. Poor teaching got us to believe that only certain people really enjoyed the blessings of God – only those who had the anointing could enjoy the blessings!

For those who need a spiritual break through – Jesus is still waiting at the door, knocking until we invite Him in!

We should pray... BREAK THROUGH AND HEAL ME. There are many broken people in the kingdom! Broken because of relationships, broken because of working in the world, broken because of sickness! We can too easily buy into the notion that we are supposed to be broken!

Again... Satan lies to us that we are supposed to have a mind that is distorted because of brokenness!

God's promise to you today is that He is the God of the breakthrough - that He will give you treasures in those dark places in your life.

"I agree with you in prayer right now that you would experience everything that God wants for you and your family - that no darkness, evil or sin will prevail - that no sickness or financial difficulty will overtake you.  I pray for breakthrough over every aspect of your life and for the blessings to come and "overtake" you.  I ask this in Jesus' strong name.  Amen."

He made darkness around him his canopy, thick clouds, a gathering of water. (2 Samuel 22:12 ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment