Friday, November 30, 2012

WHO DO YOU HAVE YOUR FAITH IN TODAY?

Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. (Romans 4:20, 21 NLT) I've been thinking lately of all the blessings in my life and the many promises God had made and fulfilled to me over the years. Admittedly, my life didn't exactly turn out as I planned it, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm where God wants me to be. To be sure, some seasons we're a lot harder than others but God has always brought me through and has always provided the needed strength to face every obstacle. One of the promises made to me over the years was that "my latter years would be greater than my former years." I'm not sure exactly what that means but I'm filled with anticipation of the future for my life, my family and my church. I think I understand a little more about Abraham now I'm a little older. Whatever life brought his way only made him trust in God more and more. His faith grew stronger and stronger and he wanted to give all the glory to God. Abraham wasn't a super faith man but just a man like you and me who believed in a super God. He believed that God plus nothing was everything! Abraham knew that and gave glory to God. Ask yourself these questions today - Who do you have your trust in today? Are you fully convinced that God is able and willing to touch your life? Are you thankful for what he has already done for you? Your God is so willing to come alongside your life right now. Call out to Him and let Him be God for you and your situations today!

No comments:

Post a Comment