Tuesday, November 27, 2012

JESUS IS WAITING FOR YOU TODAY

Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep. He said to Peter, “Couldn’t you watch with me even one hour? Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!” (Matthew 26:40, 41 NLT) If you are like me in any way - one of the things that is constantly under attack in my life on an on-going basis is my time with Jesus. It seems that there are many excuses and barriers that hone in on my special time set apart for Him. Jesus nailed it with his disciples when He said, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." I want quality time with my Lord but my flesh wants to stay in bed and get an extra ounce of sleep and stay warm a little longer. If we want to grow and be strengthened in The Lord - we "must" carve out time with Him everyday. It is there that we gain new strength and courage for the journey ahead. May I encourage you to make this a priority today? May I encourage you to just sit at His feet and to listen to Him speak. Jesus is/has been waiting for you. Go to Him and hear what He has to say to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment