Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING

We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly. As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 1:2, 3 NLT) Last night (Tuesday) I was finishing up a meeting with our church council when a young man wandered into the meeting thinking that he was attending a AA meeting that he had been court ordered to attend. (This happens on a regular basis as it used to be a place where they met on a regular basis.) After explaining to him that they no longer met there but that we had Celebrate Recovery - I took him across the street to meet some of the men who were finishing up their Bible Study. I then introduced him to Pastor Ron who then shared his experience of how he overcame drugs and alcohol. We then prayed together and invited him back and we all went our separate ways. I went north on Seventh Street and Pastor Ron went east on Hercules. I made a few phone calls when I received a phone call that Pastor Ron had been in an accident. He and another car collided in an intersection causing Pastor Ron's vehicle to roll a number of times. I turned around and hurried to where we thought he might be. When I arrived, his car was upside down with all the windows blown out and Pastor Ron was sitting outside of his demolished car. Thankfully, he and the occupants of the other car we're all fine. Pastor Ron went to the hospital and was released about 4 AM this morning. As I read this passage - "We pray for you constantly" - I was struck by the fact of how much we depend on one another's prayers. I am thankful today for this man in my life and that God's grace was with him last night. As God puts us or others upon your heart - don't ever neglect to thank God for them and to pray for them. Your prayers mean so much and they go to the very heart of God. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment