Monday, November 5, 2012

HOW TO LIVE A FULFILLED LIFE

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the LORD. Trust him, and he will help you. (Psalm 37:4, 5 NLT) On Friday night we had a night of prayer and worship at the church. It was a great time of being in the presence of The Lord for an extended time together. I was so taken by one of my grandsons who stood by me for almost an hour in worship and praise. As I would look down at him from the corner of my eye I would see his little hands lifted to Jesus as he worshipped along with me. He was delighting himself in The Lord. As I would go and pray with others - he would go with me and stand right beside me and put his hand out to pray with them also. I can't think of a better way to raise our children and grand children than by getting them to the house of The Lord and being in His presence. Yes, sports and hobbies and activities are all important but nothing is as important as being in God's house and learning to delight ourselves in The Lord. It is the true key to living a successful life on earth. It is the key to a truly fulfilled life. May I encourage you today to make being with Jesus a high priority today? His promise is this: As you trust Him He will help you in every and all aspects of your life. That's a promise we can all stand on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment