Saturday, July 21, 2012

REACHING FOR YOUR DREAMS

They told him, "This is what Hezekiah says: This day is a day of distress and rebuke and disgrace, as when children come to the moment of birth and there is no strength to deliver them. (Isaiah 37:3 NIV) This might be an unusual scripture to journal on but it has been a scripture that I've thought a lot about over the years. The principle is this - that God gives visions and dreams to all of us but like a child conceived in its mother's womb and because of complications never reaches the point of birth - so it is with many of our dreams and visions for our lives. For those of you that know me - this verse is very personal to me as I look back on when my own grandson died shortly after being born pre-maturely. As I read and re-read this verse today I want to encourage you in regards to your own dreams for your life - that you would not only dream big dreams but that you would pray for safe passage of the dreams to reality. I was once told that the riches place on earth is our graveyards because it is there that unfulfilled dreams lie dormant. I pray that you would stir up your God-given dreams and visions today. I pray that you would look at the obstacles before you and realize that God says, You can do this and I can help you." Don't allow the obstacles to stop what God has put before you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment