Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Keep Your Eyes On God!

John 5:19 NLT - Jesus replied, "I assure you, the Son can do nothing by himself. He does only what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does, the Son also does.

Jesus models for us in this passage on how to make decisions and how to live our daily lives on this earth. If you are like me – you've made some huge blunders in your life and you've paid the price. Life has taught me that people who are out of God's will lose time, money and energy. As a result – we end up on rabbit trails that take us away from what it is that we're supposed to be doing. I speak from experience. Jesus tells us that He does nothing but what he sees His heavenly Father doing. Everything that we do must first be precipitated by asking God for His divine direction and guidance. That means that we need to have a constant 24/7 connection with God. He is not someone who we only talk to on Sunday or when we attend church. He should be constantly in our hearts and in our prayers. We should be having dialogue with Him all the time. I guess this is where we get the phrase “Walk and pray.” I'm doing life and praying as I go. I am constantly sending up “arrow prayers” to God. I tell Him how much I love Him and am constantly asking for his wisdom and help in my life. Jesus kept his eyes on God and so should we. It will save you much heartache and will help you to always be in the center of God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment