Monday, August 9, 2010

God Is With Us - Always!

Jeremiah 1:18-19 NLT - For see, today I have made you immune to their attacks. You are strong like a fortified city that cannot be captured, like an iron pillar or a bronze wall. None of the kings, officials, priests, or people of Judah will be able to stand against you. They will try, but they will fail. For I am with you, and I will take care of you. I, the LORD, have spoken!"

A lot of my life has dealt with insecurities about my identity and my ability to do and be things. I was shorter then most kids and even though I was good at sports – there we're others that we're better. I played the trumplet really well but again there we're others who we're better. I got good grades in school but I was never on the honor roll. I applied for a job as a policeman but was a ¼ of an inch too short. As a pastor I was always being compared to my dad who was very successful and then to my younger brother and sister whose lives also seemed to be very successful. My mind often played over-time with condemnation that I wasn't good enough or ever would be. For me and for a lot of people – its hard to be comfortable in our own skin. We would always rather be someone else or have another life. I can't say that I had an overnight epiphamy but it has been a layered process that has brought me to this wonderful place of accepting who I am and what I'm called to do and be. I love my life. I love my family and I love my job. I am at peace with myself and I know with all my heart that God is with me today. He has protected me over and over from the criticisms of people and made me the man of God I am today. God is with and God does take care of me. I don't have to go around life with my insecurities on my sleeve – I am a child of the king and I am so blessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment