Saturday, August 7, 2010

God Loves You SO Much

Zephaniah 3:16-17 NLT - ..."Cheer up, Zion! Don't be afraid! For the LORD your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

My paternal grandparents had nine kids (3 boys – including my dad and 6 girls). I love to hear the stories of their family growing up and some of the issues of having 11 people in one house. Meals we're one of the those issues – if you didn't get to the table when dinner was called there would be nothing to eat. Transportation was another issue with only one car or truck. They cramed as many as they could inside and some held on to the running boards on the outside of the car. When they went to church on Easter and Christmas - they would take up two pews. It's interesting how my grandmother handled play time around the house. The kids would come and go and she would just sit there in her rocking chair and always had a wash cloth over the arm of the chair to wash their hands or faces if they came up to her. (I think that was a way to give herself some quiet time too). But I think more was happen then just that. As she rocked in that chair – her kids would be calmed by her love. I can just imagine as she looked over her yard and saw the kids playing there was much joy in her life. As they came to her with their needs and squabbles – there was a calming effect that took place because of her love. I can imagine her singing on that porch songs of faith and love and the effect it had upon her kids. Like my grandmother – God tells us to not be afraid because He is watching over us. I am sure that He is rejoicing over each and every one of you – His kids. When we have needs – He is there to calm us. And... can you imagine this – He is singing happy songs over us today. God loves each of us so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment