Monday, March 7, 2016

GOD'S GOT THIS!


Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! No one can measure his greatness.” Psalms‬ ‭145:3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

It is Monday and I’ve had a full weekend.  Church was amazing yesterday with many people giving their hearts to Christ.  I heard testimonies of healings and victories - enough to make my heart swell in praise to God this next week.

Nevertheless, it is Monday.  Do you have those Monday Blues?  Does looking at this week fill you with dread or does it empower you with excitement about what God has in store for you?

I would have to admit that I have caved in many times and dreaded the Monday Blues and went into the week more or less fearing what was ahead.

That is not the case for my life now as I look forward to what the week will bring.  I’ve been walking with God long enough to know that whatever adventure comes my way - my God is big and He can handle anything that comes my way.

When I think about the BIGNESS of God and even the SMALLNESS of God my heart swells with the peace that God has this week in the palm of His hands.  Basically, “God’s got this.”

When I think about the God who created the universe - it blows my mind.  Did you know that the earth is 8,000 miles in diameter and that the sun is 860,000 times in diameter? We could put 100,000 earths inside of the sun.

The earth is 93 million miles away from the sun.  If you were to reduce the sun to the size of a basketball - the earth would be a bb 109 feet away.  The planet Pluto would be 4,300 feet away and the nearest star would be 5,700 miles away.

The closest star is Apha Centauri and is 4.3 light years away from earth.  At the speed of light (186,000 miles per second) it would take you 18 days to reach it.

That is only one of millions of stars in our universe that God created and maintains.

Another way at looking at how big God is - is by looking at the smallest of His creation.  Did you know that everything you can see right now is made up of atoms?  If you were take a grain of sand and expand all the atoms in that one grain - it would fill a square box the size of 1 cubic square (3’ X 2’).

If you could string atoms like pearls at 1 atom per second - it would take around 200 years to do a 25” string.

One of my favorite verses and a great reminder of who is in charge of this week is from Colossians 1:15-17…

Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him. He existed before anything else, and he holds all creation together.” Colossians‬ ‭1:15-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬

If God can create the universe and keep everything in motion with just a word, and if God can create the atom with enough power to light the city of Chicago - then God must be powerful enough to handle whatever comes my way this week.

Trust God with the small and mundane things and trust God with the big problems that overwhelm you.  His promise to never leave nor forsake you was good yesterday, it is good for today and for tomorrow.

GOD'S GOT YOU COVERED FOR WHATEVER IS AHEAD! Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment