Tuesday, January 21, 2014

PRAYING BIG PRAYERS

As we are on our last week of the 21 Day Fast I would like to encourage you to step out in faith and pray some really BIG prayers on your behalf and that of your family.  To help you do that let's look at a man who prayed some really BIG prayers for his life - A man named Jabez.  This is found in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10.

1 Chronicles 4:9-10 (NIV) 4:9 Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." 4:10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request. 

1- Jabez Prayed For God To Bless Him

Genesis 12:2 (NIV) 12:2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 

Genesis 32:26 (NLT) 32:26 Then the man said, “Let me go, for the dawn is breaking!” But Jacob said, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.” 

2- Jabez Prayed That God Would Enlarge His Borders

Isaiah 54:2 (NLT) 54:2 “Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense! 

Luke 14:33 (MSG) 14:33 "Simply put, if you're not willing to take what is dearest to you, whether plans or people, and kiss it good-bye, you can't be my disciple. 

3- Jabez Prayed For God’s Hand To Be Upon Him

1 Chronicles 4:10 (NIV) 4:10 Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request. 

Joshua 4:23-24 (NIV) 4:23 For the LORD your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The LORD your God did to the Jordan just what he had done to the Red Sea when he dried it up before us until we had crossed over. 4:24 He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the LORD is powerful and so that you might always fear the LORD your God." 

Acts 11:21 (NIV) 11:21 The Lord's hand was with them, and a great number of people believed and turned to the Lord. 

1 Samuel 12:15 (NIV) 12:15 But if you do not obey the LORD, and if you rebel against his commands, his hand will be against you... 

4- Jabez Prayed That God Would Keep Him From Evil. 

Genesis 6:5-6 (NIV) 6:5 The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. 6:6 The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. 

Psalm 119:11 (NIV) 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 

Matthew 6:13 (NIV) 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.' 

Deuteronomy 4:9 (NIV) 4:9 Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them. 

Deuteronomy 4:23 (NIV) 4:23 Be careful not to forget the covenant of the LORD your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the LORD your God has forbidden. 



I pray that this helps you form your own list of BIG prayers and that you will see the richness of God over your whole life in this new season for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment