Monday, January 27, 2014

CAN PEOPLE TELL THAT YOU'VE BEEN WITH GOD?

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai, with the two tablets of the testimony in his hand as he came down from the mountain, Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because he had been talking with God. (Exodus 34:29 ESV)

Last night I was hanging out with some teenagers when the issue of my age came up.  When I said that I was 60 I heard the ooh's and ahh's of "Wow, that's old."  And to them, it is old.  60 is a long way from being 16. We all laughed - but I wasn't prepared for the words that came out of one of the young girls who said, "That must be such an awesome feeling - to be so wise - to have all that experience in your life."  I had never thougth about it in those terms but in a sense that is really a true statement.  I've been able to blessed with many experiences and hopefully I can help others from making the same mistakes that I have made over the years.

As I read this passage this morning my heart jumped as it is where I desire for my own life to be right now.  I long for the presence of God to be first and foremost with me.  I long for my prayer times to be extended and for God to fill me with His glory and presence.  I long for God to speak to my thirsting soul that I might show up at church full of the presence of God.  I long for people to say, "I can tell, you've been with God again."  I want them to see Him on my face and on my countenance.  

There are many important things in life but in my estimate - there is nothing as important as being with God and in His presence.  Spending time with God brings peace to anxious heart.  It gives direction to the busy day.  It soothes and oils the places that are rough.

I pray that next time I see you that I will see that you've been with Jesus and that you will see that I've also been in His presence also.  I want you to see it in my face and I want you to see it int he way I live my life.  There are many voices calling and vieing for your attention today but there is only one voice that must be attuned to - the voice of God.  Sometimes He speaks so quietly that you must have your inner ear right against His bosom.  He whispers to you and calls your name.  He speaks over you and to you.  He breathes His intructions to help you through every part of your journey.  Are you listening?

If it has been awhile since you've been in His presence - stop right now and talk to Jesus.  He's there waiting for you and He's ready to spend some quality time with you today.  When you do, you will come down the mountain and the Glory of God will be seen on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment