Tuesday, September 10, 2013

You Are Not Done Until God Says Your Done

You Are Not Done Until God Says Your Done

“Now when David had served God’s purpose in his own generation, he fell asleep; he was buried with his ancestors and his body decayed. (Acts 13:36 NIV)

I love this verse that "David served God's purpose in his own generation."  It is true that each of us has a mission from God to serve and be used while we are on earth.  I'm often asked "What is the meaning of life?" In other words, "what am I supposed to do while I'm here on earth?"  I believe that every one of us has a purpose and a calling and we won't be satisfied or fulfilled until we do what we're called and wired to do.  For some of you, that is some ministry of some kind at the church.  And for others, your ministry is the place where you go to school and the place where you work.  It might be just saying a kind and encouraging word or it might be that you are serving those less fortunate.  May I encourage you today that you must fulfill your ministry and calling.  You can't put it off for another day, you must be intentional and start today.  You might be thinking - "Well, I just don't know what to do."  That might be the case but as least do something.  If, after doing something and you find out it's not for you - then cross that off the list.  That is one less thing you have to worry about.  I took a job an after school day care one time when I was younger - and after one day I never went back because I knew I wasn't wired for that.  What do you like to do?  What is it that energizes you?  What do you dream about doing?  I like what Robert Schuller said, "What would you do if you absolutely knew that you wouldn't fail?"  I don't want to go the grave full but rather I want to go empty - that I've given all away in serving God.  I want to be like David who fulfilled God's purpose in his own generation.  I pray that would be the dream of all of us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment