Saturday, August 11, 2012

LOVING THE UNLOVELY

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." (John 13:34, 35 ESV) It's a very simple thing that has been asked of us - to love one another. Yet, it seems that reading about love is easier than actually doing it. For the most part - I get along with everyone as I'm a people person and love being with and interacting with those around me. However, if the truth be told - there are some people who absolutely grind me to the core and I have to dig deep to show love to them. (Just keeping it real!) it's at those moments that I have to go to God and see them through His eyes and look past my petty feelings. It is then that I must ask God for the strength to love inspite of my hurts and wounds. This passage reveals that when we love - it is a true sign that we are disciples of Christ - that we are His true followers. I pray that you would ask God today to fill you with His love and that the people who are "unlovable" in your eyes would be so loved by you today. May God richly bless you today! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment