Tuesday, August 21, 2012

JUST BECAUSE

You are my God and I will give you thanks! You are my God and I will praise you! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good and his loyal love endures! (Psalm 118:28, 29 NET)

Denise and I took a few days off this week and are now up at Big Bear Lake enjoying the beauty of God and His creation.  Everyone of us need a break from the routine of life to recreate the "wonder" of God in our lives.  We need that place where we can sit quietly to meditate and reflect what God is doing for us right now. Oftentimes we come to Him with an agenda of our needs and wants in life.  That is fine and I know God loves to answer our prayers, but... sometimes we need to come and tell Him we love Him "just because..." That, we wouldn't come with all our needs but would come only to say that we are so in love with Him.  He has been so good to us and has blessed us immeasuredbly.  I am overwhelmed today of His blessings in my life and I am blessed by all that He had done for me. I am seeing blessings in ministry that some pastors dream about. My children and their families are following God and I get the joy of serving my father and his health related issues.  It's not always easy and even, at times, very difficult but the bottom line is this "I give praise to my God and Saviour today.  I love Him with all my heart and I am coming to Him today "just because."

No comments:

Post a Comment