Thursday, August 16, 2012

HOW TO BE THE MOST AWESOME PARENT

Praise the LORD! How joyful are those who fear the LORD
and delight in obeying his commands. Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed. (Psalm 112:1, 2 NLT)

It has always been of great concern of mine that I raise my children up so that they would walk fully in  the ways of the Lord.  Over the years,  with much saddness, I've watched so many young people go astray - even in Christian homes.  Now, there is nothing that I can do or say that will guarantee that my children and grandchildren will walk in the right path, but there are some things that I can do that will raise the percentage up that they will be followers of God - one of those being that I am a God-fearer myself - that, I would example what it is like to "delight in obeying His commands." If my/your children are seeing and being exposed to what a godly Christian man or woman is like - chances are they will emulate that in their own lives.  Again,  what I do is no guarantee that they will walk with Jesus but it does increase the odds.  Acts 16:31 tells us that if we believe on Christ that our household will also.  Proverbs 22:6 tells us to raise up a child in the right way and when they are old - they will not depart from it.  I don't ever want to be an excuse for why my kids don't follow God but I want to give them every opportunity to see what it is like to walk with Christ. There might be seasons of drifting away from God, but someday - when their lives are up against a wall - they will come back to the faith of their parents and they too will lead their children in the ways of the Lord.  Don't wait until tomorrow to lead your family but start today by asking God to make you the most awesome parent ever by personally following God's ways.  Your kids might not thank you now but they will thank you someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment