Monday, January 17, 2011

What Has God Done To Us?

Genesis 42:28 (NLT) “Look!” he exclaimed to his brothers. “My money has been returned; it’s here in my sack!” Then their hearts sank. Trembling, they said to each other, “What has God done to us?”

Have you prayed this prayer – “What has God done to us?” For certain, I have – many times. When things happen in our lives we point the finger so quickly at God without a full understanding of what we are saying. Usually, if we are making this statement – it is in the negative sense- “God, I can’t believe you’ve allowed this to happen in my life. Aren’t you supposed to be on my team? Aren’t you supposed to be helping me? Why have you done this to us?” I guess age has its advantages - The older I get the more I see the bigger picture. I have come to realize that God often has to do something to us in order to do something for us. On my own – I stay in my comfort zones. I look and see only the little picture and I think only about what concerns me. I have, with years of mistakes under my belt, come to realize how jealous God is of my love and will do just about anything to keep my eyes and life focused on Him – even if it means breaking me that I might then totally rely on God. I haven’t arrived yet – my life is still evolving and growing. I still make mistakes and I still point my finger at God and ask why. Sometimes, He gives me full explanations and sometimes He just looks at me and say, “Just because I love you.” Ultimately, whether I accept it or not – God is always doing things to me so that He can do things for me. I must trust and submit to Him that He knows what is best and that He will lead me in the right paths that He has laid out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment