Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Living A Life Of Total Forgiveness

Psalms 4:4-5 (NLT) Don’t sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.. Offer sacrifices in the right spirit, and trust the Lord.

In today’s paper there is an article about how important it is for your own mental health to forgive someone who has hurt you. It has no Biblical or religious reference –but just common sense wisdom of the importance of living a life of forgiveness. It stresses the obvious that you won’t obtain optimum health and well being in your life unless you let go and release those who have wounded and hurt you. Of course, as Christians we know that this is the message that Jesus taught us over and over again –that we can’t receive forgiveness unless we have forgiven others. We also know that this isn’t something we can do on our own. It takes a strength greater then what we possess because some people’s offences are greater than we can describe. This is something that all of us must deal with in our lifetime over and over again. It is what allows you to come to God in the right spirit. It is what allows you to pray with a clean heart. I can never truly worship God with a heart of abandonment if I hold on to things here on earth. I am thankful that God has helped me in this regard. I am thankful that He has guided me through and helped me to forgive people in my life. The choice to do so has caused me to grow closer and deeper in my relationship with God and with others. I know that I still have a long ways to go but I thank God for how far I have come. I come to God daily and ask for His strength and for His help in this regard. I trust Him totally and thank Him for the help He has given me. I know that His arms are undergirding me and helping me to walk without bitterness and un-forgiveness today.

No comments:

Post a Comment