Saturday, February 13, 2010

Who Is God?

Psalms 24:1-10 (NLT) 24:1 The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him. 2 For he laid the earth’s foundation on the seas and built it on the ocean depths. 3 Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? 4 Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. 5 They will receive the LORD’s blessing and have a right relationship with God their savior. 6 Such people may seek you and worship in your presence, O God of Jacob. Interlude 7 Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. 8 Who is the King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty; the LORD, invincible in battle. 9 Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter. 10 Who is the King of glory? The LORD of Heaven’s Armies— he is the King of glory. Interlude

I read and reread this passage over and over today – trying to absorb every word and thought. It is intense, majestic and personal. It describes the might and power and holiness of God. It shows Him as the ultimate warrior and king. It unveils a God who wants to share His presence with each and every one of us. As I was reading this I was imagining myself standing in a traditional church building with beautiful stained glass windows along it walls with the words “Who is the King of glory? The LORD, strong and mighty; the LORD, invincible in battle” and “Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors and let the King of glory enter. Who is the King of glory? The LORD of Heaven’s Armies – he is the King Of glory.” These words should also be written with indelible ink on the walls of each of our hearts. Everyday should be a remembrance to who we belong to and who is in charge of our lives.

Prayer: Father, I thank you for your gift of grace in my life and your mercies that are new every morning. I pray for your strength today and for your help. Thank you also for your blessings that are rich and powerful. Thank you for your sustaining power through every situation. Help me to keep my eyes on you today – in spite of what I see or feel. Thank you for the element of faith that your are bringing back to my heart and life – that expectancy of something great that is being birthed – even when I don’t comprehend. I pray over my children – especially for Gary and Michelle today. Help them to find and discover your perfect will for their lives. I pray for my friends Al and Connie. Give them inner strength and grace to go through the valley that they are going through. Help them to find strength in each other’s love and from the God they love. I pray anointing over the services tomorrow. I pray that I would be able to speak forth the “burden of the Lord and that you blessings would pour on us and through us. I ask this in Jesus’ strong name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment