Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Do "overs"

Numbers 1:54 (NLT) So the Israelites did everything just as the LORD had commanded Moses.
Numbers 2:34 (NLT) So the people of Israel did everything as the LORD had commanded Moses. Each clan and family set up camp and marched under their banners exactly as the LORD had instructed them.

No greater thing can be said of any of us then this – we just did what God asked us to do. Obedience is that which makes God’s heart very glad and it’s what opens up the gate to receiving the blessings of the Lord. We all struggle with this at times and we end up in difficult places. I know this because I speak from experience. I’ve walked with the Lord for a lot of years. For the most part – I think I have been obedient. But there are times when heart did rebel and I did do some things that I’m not proud of. I like the fact that God allows “do-overs.” His grace and mercy is extended to you and me to start afresh and to try again. When I get to the end of my life – I want it to be said, “He followed Jesus with his whole heart.” It is then that I know that my life will have counted for something and that I was a success here on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment