Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When Darkness Comes

Psalms 16:7-11 (NLT) 16:7 I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me. 8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. 9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. 10 For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. 11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.

If you’ve ever experience “darkness” in your life – you will relate to these verses. David experienced the darkness as he was often maligned, chased, harassed and misunderstood. Through it all – he had a confidence in the unshakable presence of God. He knew that although he didn’t see the answer that God was with him. He knew that the Lord was going to take him through – all the way through. He saw what was on the other side of the dark valley and long tunnel – the joy of the presence of God. May I encourage you today that you can rest in God – knowing that He doing battle on your behalf. It’s not over. The enemy has not won. Like David, we will say, “I will bless the Lord who guides me… I know the Lord is always with me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment