Monday, February 15, 2010

Where God Dwells

Psalms 26:8 (NLT) I love your sanctuary, LORD, the place where your glorious presence dwells.

I was born on a Saturday and was brought to church one week later. My parents taught me at a young age to respect and love God’s house and His presence. Even when I’m traveling – I try and attend a worship service somewhere. I have brought my children up the same way. I love God’s sanctuary and His presence. I love being with Him and being with His children. It’s not tiring to me. In fact – I am energized. I look forward to it attending with expectancy in my heart. Sometimes, I will slip out of my office and just go into the sanctuary and just “sit.” I don’t say anything but I just listen. Most of my big decisions in life have come while alone with God’s presence in the sanctuary. I know God dwells in my heart but I think it is very special that there are places built for God’s presence to dwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment