Friday, January 1, 2010

And God Said...

Gen 1:2 (NLT) 2 And God said...
Luke 1:20 (NLT) … For my words will certainly be fulfilled at the proper time.”
Luke 1:37 (NLT) For nothing is impossible with God.”


Nine times in chapter 1 of Genesis we see the phrase “And God said…” I’m sitting in my chair early in the morning on January 1st, 2010 and reflecting upon this verse. What has God said to me and what do I believe for Him to do in 2010. I am starting to dream again. There was a time when I felt that my dreams had gone down the tube and that the things spoken over me would not come to pass. I couldn’t see “forward” at all. Honestly, there we’re times when I just wanted to curl up and die. However, God had a different plan for my life. He chose to allow me to go through deep waters in order to place me where I am now in life. Promises given to me by God Himself are starting to be birthed again in my heart. I am starting to see again and get excited about the new things that God has in store. Luke 1:20 tells us that this came “at just the right time” and “that there is nothing impossible with God.” Wow! How impatient I often get when things don’t go as I planned. God has spoken and it will come to pass. I can’t wait to see what’s on His agenda for 2010. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment