Tuesday, May 26, 2015

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE


Psalm 138:8 (NLT) 8 The LORD will work out his plans for my life--for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.

Have you ever wondered if God really has your situation under control?  I know I have – many times. 

I have been praying some very big and specific prayers lately for myself, my family and the church that I serve.  And yes, I tend to worry sometimes. I’m so glad that God is patient with me and continues to remind me that He’s “got this.”

This passage of scripture is not for everyone but it is for those who have experienced God’s mercy and have placed their lives in God’s hands.

“The LORD will work out his plans for my life…”  The God who created the universe is my case manager.  I’ve got the very best person working on my situation.  

The Bible states that He is the “author and finisher of my faith.”  It also says “that he who began a good work in you shall continue to do so until the day of Jesus Christ.”

We never arrive at a place in life where we are given full control of our lives.  God never says, “take it from here – it’s yours now.”

The fact that we are dependent on Him distinguishes us from the people of the  world.  We are fully dependent on Him for all our needs – always.

I must always trust Him because “He is able.”  He knows my life better than anyone else.  In fact, He is the designer and creator. He’s the master planner.   The Bible He will work out HIS plans for my life.

The last part of this verse states, “Don’t abandon me for you made me.”  Wow. I am HIS creation.  He has already wired me with my personality and body shape.  He has gifted me and I am now to be His vessel in blessing other people.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. (‭Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭10‬ ESV)

My life now should be the expression of His design.  I am His  “workmanship” His “Poema” I am His poem.

God is still writing the lines of my life and He’s not done with me (or you) yet.  The best is yet to come.

I pray that everyone reading these words today will be reminded of this fact – “God loves you and God has a plan for your life and it is good.” (Jeremiah 29:9)  Trust Him with every detail and season that He is going to bring you through and bring great blessing to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment